Q: Why Should I have An Attorney in a Business Matter?Unless you have been there before, no one understands how exciting, yet difficult forming a new business entity can be. Many of the decisions made at the time of business formation can have a significant impact on the ultimate success of the business venture. Thus, it is very important to weigh the potential short-run and long-run impacts of these initial decisions.
Q: Why Should I Use Spencer & Philpot?At Spencer & Philpot, LLC, we have brought together attorneys with decades of experience in diverse backgrounds such as real estate, financial services, advertising and insurance to assist entrepreneurs who are seeking to establish or expend their business operations in Utah and/or surrounding states. This experience allows our attorneys and business consultants to develop multi-disciplinary solutions to client matters.
Q: What if I Want Only Limited Assistance?Over the past several years, we have found that different entrepreneurs want different levels of involvement from their attorneys and business consultants. Depending on your needs, Spencer & Philpot can help you get started and then provided legal and business advice only when needed, or we can be fully integrated into your business plan and provide regularly on-going advice.
Q: What Business Services Does Spencer & Philpot Provide?Within our business practice team, Spencer & Philpot, LLC, provides the following business services:
- Business Entity Formation (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships)
- Contract Preparation and Negotiation (joint venture agreements, labor and employment agreements, construction agreements, operating agreements, subsidiary agreements, supplier agreements, rental leases, corporate finance agreements, and most other business agreements)
- Regulatory Compliance Plans
- Licensure and Permitting Matters
- Mediation, arbitration or litigation of business disputes